Why are dental implants better than dentures?
Losing a permanent tooth can be a real problem. Aside from it’s no longer going to grow back, your other teeth can also move to fill in the missing space, causing you to have gaps between your teeth. Another less noticeable consequence of missing teeth is significant bone loss in the jaw, which will eventually affect your facial structure. Your dentist can prevent this from happening by replacing your missing tooth with an artificial one with the use of dental implants. However, you may be worried about the tooth implant cost Brisbane dental clinics currently charge. Fortunately, many clinics offer flexible interest-free payment plans to make the procedure more affordable.
Types of dental implants
The two main types of dental implants are:
- Endosteal. These are the most common type of dental implants. They are directly implanted into the jawbone. Follow-Up surgery is required once the gum tissue heals to attach a post to the original implant. An artificial tooth will then be attached to each post, or grouped on a denture or bridge.
- Subperiosteal. This type of dental implant consists of a metal frame that is placed onto the jawbone, under the gum tissue. The frame gradually becomes part of the jawbone as the gum heals. The implants protrude slightly through the gums so that artificial teeth can be mounted to the posts. This is ideal for patients who do not want to go through a bone augmentation procedure or don’t have enough healthy jawbone.
Advantages of dental implants
There are many benefits you can get from dental implants. Here are just some of them.
- Dental implants have the same look and feel like real teeth.
- They eventually fuse with your jawbone and become permanent.
- Dentures that poorly fit tend to slip, causing you to mumble your words. Dental implants, on the other hand, allows you to speak with confidence, knowing that your dentures will slip.
- Dental implants are more comfortable than removable dentures because they become a part you.
- Unlike removable dentures, you can eat whatever you like with dental implants.
- You also get better oral health because altering the surrounding healthy teeth to support them is not required with dental implants.
- The upfront dental costs for implants are much higher than removable dentures, but they are more durable and can last a lifetime with proper care.
Dental implants cost
The typical tooth implant cost Brisbane dentists charge these days range from $3,999 to as much as $35,000, depending on the type, location, and the number of implants you require, as well as the dental clinic where you’ll have the procedure.
Googling “cheap dentists near me” will get you a lot of results, but there is no assurance that they offer quality services. But there are still dental clinics that provide the best of both worlds – affordable and high-quality dental procedures. So, you need to choose your dental clinic carefully.
Tooth loss is preventable with proper oral hygiene and regular visits to your dentist. But if you’ve already lost one, don’t despair. Dental implants are an excellent way to fix it. However, if you’re worried about the high tooth implant cost Brisbane clinics usually charge, you will be surprised to learn that Fix Dental offers affordable and flexible interest-free payment plans. They also offer cheap wisdom teeth removal service.